We currently have NO COVID positive residents.
We are moving into Phase 3 in the re-opening guidance. This means we are allowing indoor visitation! Please note that outdoor visitation is still strongly preferred, weather permitting. We have purchased a heater to put outside a window for visitors and you can visit through the open window. Please see the indoor visitation guidance below.
We will also be having modified communal dining, which means some residents will be eating in the dining room, and some will still be taking meals in their rooms. Residents will have to maintain 6 foot distance in the dining room, so that limits our seating.
We will also be having small group activities where the residents can keep a 6 foot distance to participate in them.
Beauty and Barber shop IS OPEN!!!
We have been working extremely hard to get to this phase and our staff has done an outstanding job throughout this pandemic. Enduring COVID-19 testing twice a week for months, wearing PPE, and social distancing has not been easy on any of us. When you see out staff, please remember to thank them. To all those that have sent letters of encouragement or any kind of gesture, know that we are very thankful you you and all our Residents!
On February 3, 2021, we had our second COVID vaccine clinic. We are very satisfied with the number of Residents that have chosen to receive the vaccine.
Now, for the maybe not so good news...If we have any Resident or facility associated staff member test positive at any time, we must revert to the highest level (phase 1) of restrictions. Also, if our region is put under any mitigations or our county positivity rate goes above 10%, if we do not have sufficient staffing, or enough PPE supplies, we will have to revert back to the highest level of restrictions. If any of these happen, we will immediately stop all visits, communal dining, and group activities. We will notify you by phone if this happens.
Indoor visitation guidance
- All indoor visits will take place in a designated visiting room.
- Six foot distance must be maintained at all times and monitored.
- Face masks must be worn properly by visitor and Resident at all times.
- Specific visitation hours will be limited (Mon-Fri: 10am-5pm)
- All visitors must be screened with a checklist and temperature check before visiting.
- There is a limit of 2 visitors at a time per resident. Visitors must be from the same household.
- Visits will be scheduled by appointment only.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- You will be required to complete a pre-screen checklist by phone, and screened again upon arrival.
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 within 3 days after visiting, you must immediately notify the facility.
- Hand hygiene must be completed when you enter the building.
- No one will be allowed anywhere else in the facility except the visiting room.
- Anyone that does not follow the guidance will be asked to leave immediately.
Outdoor visits are currently on hold. We will update you as soon as we start them back up!
Outdoor visits are here!!! We know that you are very anxious to see your loved one and they are just as excited to see you. Outdoor visits will begin on Monday June 29th. At this time they will be from 10am to 5pm Monday through Friday until we make sure we have everything running smoothly. There are some restrictions and guidance that has to be followed from the Illinois Department of Public Health with these visits:
- No more than 2 visitors during the visit.
- An appointment must be made with the facility more than 24 hours in advance. You may make an online appointment by going to our Facebook page and following the appointment link there: facebook.com/hillviewhealthcare
Or you may call 618-658-2951 option 2 to make an appointment.
- Once your appointment is made, someone from Hillview will call you and go through a CDC checklist with you within 24 hours before your appointment time.
- Once you are here for your appointment, ring the doorbell at our front door. An employee will come outside and do the same CDC checklist and check your temperature before your visit.
- Your visit will take place with visitors at the end of the building where the driveway goes around, there is a bench to sit on there under the awning. The Resident will be inside the gazebo area.
- There must be a 6 foot distance kept between resident and visitors at all times.
- Visitors and Residents must wear a face covering at all times during the visit.
- Visits will be monitored by staff to ensure social distancing and face coverings are being worn.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes at this time.
Please do not hand anything through or over the fence to a resident or staff member. If you have brought something for a resident, please give to the employee that takes your temperature at the front door. If it is a food or drink item that you have brought for them to enjoy during your visit, the staff member will give to them. If it is any other type of item, it will be put in quarantine for 24 hours and then given to the resident.
We know there are a lot of restrictions, but please bear with us as we try to follow all state guidelines and get you as much time with your family as possible! This will be an evolving guidance and changes will be made as the need arises. Thank you for allowing us to take care of your loved one!
If you would like to speak to your loved one on a direct line, please call our Resident phone at 618-771-7664. If you would like to schedule a Zoom meeting, please schedule an appointment by sending an email to Tori at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to check on your loved one, please call and speak to a nurse: 618-658-2951
, option 3.